Glendale is a city in Arizona near Phoenix with a population of about 247,000. If you want to move to Glendale, you should be prepared and learn something about this beautiful city in Arizona. Here we have tips and information and interesting facts about Glendale that might help you a lot before or after moving there. So, do not waste your time if you want to move now.
Move to Glendale – tips for a successful move
Every moving no matter where, requires some tips, especially if you are moving for the first time in your life. Moving to Glendale, Arizona will change your life, so be prepared for that step.
Choose a date
If you have already decided to move to Glendale, then choose a moving day. Now, it is a holiday season, so be quick if you want to move before the New Year’s Eve or Christmass. Talk to your family and pick a day. If you have kids, it is a good option to move when the school year or at least a semester is finished.
Hire moving company
The second step, after you have chosen when you want to move, find a mover that can help you relocate from another state. Finding a reliable and reputable moving company does not have to be difficult. Here are some tips on how you can accomplish it easy and simple.
- Get recommendations from your friends or family members who have moved before.
- When you call a moving company, ask them for referrals. For example, three will be enough.
- Make your move to Glendale stressless by checking the company’s license and insurance.
- Read online moving reviews of the company you want to hire.
Pack your moving boxes
Now when you have booked moving company, you can start packing your household items. Think twice what you want to pack and what you really need. If you pack fewer items, you moving will be cheaper. Collect different moving boxes and packing materials. Of course, if you do not have enough time for packing, you can always hire a company to do it for you. Pack for a move like professional, and do not be shy to ask for help.
Things to know before moving to Glendale
Before moving to Glendale, you should do a little research. You should know what to expect after moving there. Wherever you are moving, preparation is a part of that process. Luckily for you, we can help you with learning and researching.
Cost of living in Glendale
Money is a major factor when moving. And you must know that are the costs of living in the place where you will live, of course. A median home value in Glendale is $180,000 (the average household income is $54,000) and one of the pros of relocating to a place such as Glendale is that cost of living is about 7 percent lower than the national average. Bout 10 percent of your incomings will go to utilities. If you want to rent a home in Glendale, it is not expensive too. The average rent is $950 per month.
Jobs in Glendale
The unemployment rate is a little bit higher than the national average, but the job market is growing here in Glendale. The bigger companies are Conair Corporation, Arrowhead Mall, Humana Healthcare, US Air Force, etc. But, on the other hand, Phoenix is a big city which is near, so you can find a job there too. You will have only 20 minutes driving. Most of the population are works in sales, administrative support, management, finance, and construction.
The weather in Glendale
The weather is warm in Glendale. During the winter there are more rainy days but, it is not that bad. The average temperature in Glendale is about 19 degrees centigrade. Winter can be stormy, rainy and windy, but the summers are hot and sunny.
If you are moving to Glendale with family, then education is a major factor. But, you do not have reasons to be worried. So, you can choose between 18 elementary schools and 9 high schools for your kids. If you want to work on your education and to go to college, there are universities too.
Things to do in Glendale
Even Glendale is a small city, it has a lot of fun things to offer for families and young people too.
- If you want activities for the whole family in Glendale, you can find plenty of them. Parks, theater, zoo, etc. There is fun for toddlers and teenagers too, you just need to explore the city.
- Some of the parks in Glendale are Foothills Park, Skunk Creek Linear Park, and Thunderbird Conservation Park.
- Besides park, there are plenty of landmarks too. Such as Glendale Blacksmith Shop, Pratt Mill, and Santa Fe Railroad Depot.
- Glendale has a good nightlife too. If you want to have fun with your friends and drink a couple of drinks there are many bars and nightclubs.
- If you love shopping, Glendale has more than 160 retail shops.
- There are fun for sports lovers too. During the football season, most people are watching the Arizona Cardinals and also the Arizona Coyotes for hockey lovers and fans.
Now, as you can see Glendale has a lot to offer and it is not a boring city. If you want to move to Glendale, these tips and information can help you a lot to prepare yourself and your family for this big step in your life. Good luck with your relocation to Glendale, Arizona.