Part of every packing process is packing your bathroom (s). Before you start with this task, you need to gather packing supplies. But, what moving supplies and equipment do you need? And how to choose the right ones?
Where to start? It is not as simple as it seems, but on the other hand, not that complicated. With some tips, you may accomplish it successfully. You will need to sort, purge, and organize. Of course, if you are packing for a cross-country move, then pay more attention to this task and collect quality packing supplies. Having a packing guide to follow should help you deal with moving.
Here is what you might need to pack efficiently:
- small and medium moving boxes, it is better to have differed size moving boxes
- packing paper
- air bubble foil
- a strong packing tape
- a box for mirrors
- markers and scissors
- cushion foam pouches
Tips for packing your bathroom like a pro
Now, when you know what packing supplies you will need, it is time to learn how to use them and how to pack.
- Sort and purge your stuff – the first step is to organize your items and to get rid of items you don’t need or use anymore. Also, get rid of open bottles, especially if you are moving long-distance. By sorting, purging, and packing your bathroom, you will save space when packing. Make categories, such as medicines, toiletries, make-up, towels, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Pack essential bag – an essential bag is a bag that you will need immediately after moving. If you are moving with a family, pack more items. Probably you will want to clean a bathroom right after moving in, so pack that too. Pack all items you are using every day. Soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, towels…if you need to go to work, pack make-up and hair products, etc. This is a box that you will unpack first.
- Pack décor – depending on how many staff you have in the bathroom, this task may be complicated, or not. Here you may need cushion foam pouches to protect fragile items. Also, for those items, use new and fir boxes and your items won’t be damaged. Some people do not have any decorations in their bathrooms. It all depends.
- Cleaning supplies – pack cleaning supplies in an essential bag, but also, buy new cleaning supplies and pack them too. If you are moving to a new city, you will need time to adjust and learn where to stores are. Don’t pack opened bottles, it can be very dangerous.
Packing your bathroom may not be the most interesting thing to do, but you cannot escape it. Start as soon as possible with packing your home because it is a task that will take you most of the time (and energy). Especially if you are moving a lot of items.