So, you’re moving to a multifamily home in Everett, WA. Here’s a guide to help you get ready to relocate and to keep your move on track and schedule.
Organize your move
Moving to a multifamily home in Everett like a pro is possible, and getting organized is the key. That is the ultimate moving strategy. To stay organized, try these tips.
- Buy a binder and create a moving folder on your computer. This way, you’ll have a place to keep moving checklist, organize timeline, and store moving paperwork. Establish a folder for moving documents, contracts. Gather important personal documents, and any documents relating to your new home.
- Download an ultimate moving checklist
- Take inventory. Take inventory of your household items and estimate how much the move will cost. It’s an important step, so account everything you own. You can use this inventory list when you hire movers and shop for insurance.
- Know your moving budget
Make important decisions when moving to a multifamily home in Everett
When moving, you’ll have to make a lot of decisions. It’s good to know the answers to these questions before they arise. This way, you’ll be ready when the big day arrives. Here are a few key questions to ask yourself:
- Who will do the packing job? You or the professionals?
- Are you planning to hire a moving company since they are local moving help you can rely on? Or you’ll book a moving truck?
- Are you shipping the car?
- Will you buy moving insurance?
- What kind of moving boxes will you use? Plastic moving bins, recycled boxes, or new boxes?
Packing like a pro when moving to a multifamily home in Everett
Knowing how to pack is a huge part of knowing how to prepare for a move. So, here are some tips for packing like a pro.
- Buy the right packing supplies. Purchasing the appropriate shape and size of boxes can make a big difference when packing up your home. You can find them on sites like hansenbros.com.
- Know how to pack tricky items. Some items are hard to pack. Such as fragile and antique items. So, you’ll have to learn how to relocate them in one piece.
- Declutter. Go through your belongings and get rid of what you don’t need. Hold a yard sale or donate those items.
- Pack in the right order. Start with the off-season clothes and items that you rarely use as early as you can. Also, make sure you pack one room at the time. The last things you should pack are important documents and your open first.
Moving to a multifamily home in Everett with the professionals
Choosing movers can be daunting. But, knowing what to expect can significantly help. Be sure you ask the right questions and get multiple estimates before making the final decision.
- Interview movers. When interviewing potential movers, asking the right questions is crucial. Get to know the company’s history and its licensing information. Not all companies are reliable. So, learn how to avoid fraudulent movers.
- Understand the rules of professional moving. Before your movers arrive, you should know what can and can’t go in the moving truck. So, make sure you know the companies rules.